This tutorial walks through using the claiming tool on Linux.
We will walk through an example signing process for BCD. The same process would apply to all coins.
Part 1: Save the executable and data to your computer.
- Create a folder somewhere on your computer. For example
- From the coinpanic.com claim page, download the executable and data by right clicking on the icons which look like this:
- Choose Save Link As and save to your folder
/home/user/BCD. (screenshot from Firefox) Do this for both Claim data and Linux icons.
- Your BCD folder should look like this. If you right click on the white space, the context menu should appear.
Part 2: Open the command line interface and unpack
- From the context menu, select Open in Terminal and the terminal should appear in the folder you had open
- If you are not in the correct folder, then you must navigate to the folder using shell commands.
- type cd ~ to return home
- type cd BCD to change to the BCD folder
- type ls to view the contents in the terminal
- type tar -xvzf CoinpanicSign.tar.gz to unpack the command line tool. If that command doesn't work, try tar xf CoinpanicSign.tar.gz
You should then see the following:
Part 3: Run the signing tool
- Type ./CoinpanicSign -s "enter your seed here" and press enter.
- The program will run and you should see the output signed transaction, which will look something like: (sensitive parts are hidden):
- Copy the result by selecting the contents in the terminal and right clicking, and copy.
- You can paste the results into a text file, or if you are able to, directly into the Coinpanic.com claim window.
- Press Broadcast and wait. The transmission could take up to 5 minutes, so please be patient while waiting for a response.
At this point, your claim will be complete. Check your deposit address for your coins to appear.